While Alistair Darling was a member of the Plant commission on electoral systems in the early 1990s, it is not the case, as the obituary initially said, that it recommended proportional representation for the House of Commons.
- Chen Lip Keong Obituary; NagaCorp Boss Chen Lip Keong Passes Away At 75.
- Helen Bateman Obituary News: Shediac, Nebraska Woman and Former Longtime Home Economics Teacher, Dies At 89
- Heartbreaking Tragedy! Chloe Chappell Car Accident: Salem, Ohio Mourns Loss in Tragic Incident
- Tragedy Happens! Rich Engstrom Obituary: Remembering the Legacy of a Beloved Resident in Aztec, NM
- Tragic Moment! Lawrence Langer Obituary, Simmons University Emeritus Professor of English’s Unexpected Passing Mourned
Various views were taken by its members, and I was its secretary. It was decided to support the Supplementary Vote – a variation on the Alternative Vote rather than a fully proportional system. To the best of my recollection, Alistair, who played an active role in our proceedings, was content to go along with this.