- Woman heartbroken over husband’s shooting death in Oakland
- Death News! Pat Halloran Obituary: Reflecting on the Legacy of a Mentor’s Profound Impact and Enduring Influence.
- Heartbreaking Loss: Paul Parker Obituary. Fondly Remembering Pauly ‘Paul’ Parker, Wrestler, Nurse, WheresMyChallenge Founder, Mourned in the Wrestling Community after Tragic Passing.
- Brittany Granados and Andy Granados Car Accident: Twality Middle School 7th grader dead after tragic Saturday crash
- Andrew Strong Obituary-Death News; Former Speaker Of The Assembly Of Kosovo, Andrew Strong Passes Away
Arfanul Haque Rifat, the general secretary of the Awami League’s Metropolitan unit and the mayor of Comilla City Corporation, passed away. He was sixty-five.
Comilla-6 MP AKM Bahauddin Bahar verified the news to the Dhaka Tribune on Wednesday night at 6:30 p.m. (Bangladesh time) when the patient was receiving treatment at Mount Elizabeth Hospital in Singapore.
Family sources claim that Mayor Rifat had long struggled with lung infections and other respiratory issues.
He was brought to the Bangladesh Specialized Hospital in the capital’s Shyamoli neighborhood on Wednesday because of a drop in oxygen saturation. There, in the ICU, he was receiving therapy.
The physician suggested that he be taken to Singapore as his physical state worsened. He was brought to Singapore on Monday, where he passed away.
Arfanul Haque Rifat was elected as the Comilla city mayor after defeating the two-time mayor Monirul Haque Sakku in the Comilla city elections in 2022. He is survived by his wife, two daughters and a son.
Following the death of Comilla City Corporation Mayor and Comilla Metropolitan Awami League General Secretary Arfanul Haque Rifat on Wednesday, Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina expressed shock and sadness.
Sheikh Hasina expressed her condolences, saying that Arfanul Haque’s works will live on in the hearts of the people in this area.